Landlord and Tenant Collections

When a tenant moves into a commercial or residential property, he or she will have to sign a lease and agree to certain terms and conditions before being able to take possession of the property. These types of agreements usually lay out how much is to be paid, when those funds are due, how the tenant is to conduct themselves, what they are able to use the property for and other terms. The landlord or property owner will also be required to meet certain terms as part of the agreement. As most leases are designed to protect the landlord, and to some extent the tenant as well, specific penalties and/or stipulations will be enforced should either party violate the terms of the lease. As these cases can commonly become quite emotional and volatile, I strongly advise you obtain legal counsel from my firm as soon as possible.

Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, if you need legal assistance with landlord and tenant disputes or collections, the Law Offices of Alden B. Smith can help. My firm has extensive experience helping clients resolve their debt collection matters. I have more than 30 years legal experience and have had much success as an advocate for both landlords and tenants. If you are a landlord and need legal assistance with a tenant who has failed to pay per the terms of a lease or rental agreement, I can provide you with the aggressive representation you require. We know the procedures required in such matters and we can assist you with all aspects of collections, including taking the matter to court. As a tenant, if you have been served with a notice of lease default or a notice to quit for failure to pay rent, my firm may be able to assist you in filing an injunction which could potentially stop the eviction process thus allowing you more time to resolve the issue and get current.

If you need help collecting from a tenant who has failed to pay rent or you need help with a landlord who is threatening to evict you, contact a New York debt collection lawyerat my firm as soon as possible so I can review your situation and advise you on how to proceed.